Corn-Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- 4 medium green peppers
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 2-1/2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1. Slice tops off peppers and reserve; remove seeds. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Spoon filling into peppers and replace tops.
- 2. Place in an 8-in. square baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 45-60 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
1/4 recipe (prepared with reduced-fat reduced-sodium soup, reduced-fat cheese and w/o added salt) equals 219 calories, 4 g fat (0 saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 610 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 9 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Corn-Stuffed Peppers
"We used green chilies instead of pimentos. Great recipe for a vegetarian. Flavorful, and the extra filling that fell out of our peppers made a delicious chip dip with salsa."