I created this recipe—and haven't had any complaints yet! The peppers can be served alone as a meal or alongside pork chops, steak, hamburgers, etc. I love to cook...outside the kitchen. I enjoy crafts and writing.—Suzanne Hubbard, Greeley, Colorado
Recommended: Top 10 Vegetarian Dinners
- 4 medium green peppers
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 2-1/2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Slice tops off peppers and reserve; remove seeds. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Spoon filling into peppers and replace tops.
- Place in an 8-in. square baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 45-60 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Corn-Stuffed Peppers in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p34
Reviews for Corn-Stuffed Peppers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 26, 2012
"We used green chilies instead of pimentos. Great recipe for a vegetarian. Flavorful, and the extra filling that fell out of our peppers made a delicious chip dip with salsa."