"My mother always made this elegant entree for company dinners and special family celebrations," remembers Dorothy Swanson of St. Louis, Missouri.
- 1 pork crown roast (about 7 pounds and 12 ribs)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 6 cups crushed corn bread stuffing
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 2 jars (4-1/2 ounces each) sliced mushrooms, undrained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- Place roast on a rack in a large shallow roasting pan. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cover rib ends with foil. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/2 hours.
- In a Dutch oven, saute celery and onion in butter until tender. Stir in the stuffing, corn, mushrooms, salt, poultry seasoning and remaining pepper. Carefully spoon 1-3 cups into center of roast. Place remaining stuffing in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Bake roast 1 hour longer or until a thermometer reads 165° for stuffing. Cover and bake extra stuffing for 30-40 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a serving platter. Let stand for 15 minutes. Remove foil. Cut between ribs to serve. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Corn-Stuffed Crown Roast in Quick Cooking December 2000, p56
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Corn-Stuffed Crown Roast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review