Corn State Broccoli Bake
A double dose of corn - whole kernel plus cream style - teams up with broccoli in this colorful side dish. The green and yellow went well with my table decorations, which included toy John Deere farm equipment.
-Nadine Brimeyer, Denver, Iowa
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) Chicken in a Biskit crackers, crushed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- Combine cracker crumbs and butter; reserve 1/2 cup for topping. In a
- bowl, combine broccoli, both cans of corn and remaining crumbs.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with reserved
- crumb mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or
- until lightly browned. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 342 calories, 20 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 676 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.