Corn Spoon Bread
In Frederic, Wisconsin, Tamara Ellefson prepares this comforting side dish with all of her holiday meals. "It's moister then corn pudding made in the oven, plus the cream cheese is a nice addition. It goes great with Thanksgiving turkey or Christmas ham."
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash pepper
- 2-1/3 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Gradually
- beat in milk. Beat in the eggs, butter, salt, nutmeg and pepper
- until blended. Stir in corn and cream-style corn. Stir in corn bread
- mix just until moistened.
- Pour into a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 3-4
- hours or until center is almost set. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 391 calories, 18 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 832 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.