- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash pepper
- 2-1/3 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Gradually beat in milk. Beat in the eggs, butter, salt, nutmeg and pepper until blended. Stir in corn and cream-style corn. Stir in corn bread mix just until moistened.
- Pour into a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or until center is almost set. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Corn Spoon Bread
Sort By :
"This recipe is very similar to another I bake in the oven. The fact that this recipe can be made in the slow cooker makes it way better! I made this for Thanksgiving and it was wonderful. I mixed it up in the morning, set it to cook and it was perfect by dinner. Quick, easy and delicious!"
"I just made this for my mom's birthday dinner, and it instantly became our new favorite recipe. The flavors are well balanced (not too sweet or salty), and the corn bread and cream cheese make it a rich and savory textured mouthful. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to go back to regular creamed corn after this! A warning: While cooking, the center looks undercooked, but it's just right. Don't over cook to give it more color."