Corn Spoon Bread Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash pepper
- 2-1/3 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Gradually beat in milk. Beat in the eggs, butter, salt, nutmeg and pepper until blended. Stir in corn and cream-style corn. Stir in corn bread mix just until moistened.
- Pour into a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or until center is almost set. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Corn Spoon Bread
Sort By :
made this over and over - everyone asks for the recipe. Its great for big holiday meals cuz you are using the slow cooker and freeing up precious oven space for other dishes. muzklvr is right, the middle won't look set but turn it off and bring to the table anyway, as it cools enough to eat (it will be piping hot for about 15 mins) the middle will set. It is a very simple prep - just remember to sit out the cream cheese a few hrs before to it won't be ice cold when you hit it with your mixer.
This recipe is very similar to another I bake in the oven. The fact that this recipe can be made in the slow cooker makes it way better! I made this for Thanksgiving and it was wonderful. I mixed it up in the morning, set it to cook and it was perfect by dinner. Quick, easy and delicious!
I just made this for my mom's birthday dinner, and it instantly became our new favorite recipe. The flavors are well balanced (not too sweet or salty), and the corn bread and cream cheese make it a rich and savory textured mouthful. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to go back to regular creamed corn after this! A warning: While cooking, the center looks undercooked, but it's just right. Don't over cook to give it more color.