In Frederic, Wisconsin, Tamara Ellefson prepares this comforting side dish with all of her holiday meals. "It's moister then corn pudding made in the oven, plus the cream cheese is a nice addition. It goes great with Thanksgiving turkey or Christmas ham."
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash pepper
- 2-1/3 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Gradually beat in milk. Beat in the eggs, butter, salt, nutmeg and pepper until blended. Stir in corn and cream-style corn. Stir in corn bread mix just until moistened.
- Pour into a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or until center is almost set. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Corn Spoon Bread in Quick Cooking September/October 2004, p17
Reviews for Corn Spoon Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review