- Place tortilla strips on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray;
- bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until crisp.
- Rub corn with canola oil; sprinkle with seasonings. Moisten a paper
- towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the
- grill rack.
- Grill corn, covered, over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until
- tender, turning frequently. Cool slightly; cut corn from cobs and
- set aside.
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and bacon for 5 minutes; add garlic,
- cook 1 minute longer. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add
- broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- thickened. Add corn, milk, chilies, cumin and oregano; heat through.
- Remove from heat; stir in cilantro and lime juice.
- Combine pico de gallo ingredients. Serve with soup and tortilla
- strips. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup soup with 1/4 cup pico de gallo and 3 tortilla strips equals 217 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 740 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 8 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.