Corn Salsa Recipe
I grow my own tomatoes, peppers, garlic and herbs to use in all of my cooking. Fresh ingredients make this salsa special. My recipe ideas come from combining foods I've enjoyed.—Dave Fisher, Ten Mile, Tennessee
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapeno peppers
- 1 teaspoon juice from pickled jalapenos
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cider or red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Cover and chill for several hours. Yield: 4 cups.
1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 29 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 154 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC