Corn Salsa Tostadas Recipe
- 3 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 3/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro, divided
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1 plum tomato, diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeno pepper
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. Using a 2-in. round cookie cutter, cut 12 circles from each tortilla. Coat both sides of circles with cooking spray. Place in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 4-5 minutes or until crisp. Cool.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, 1 teaspoon cilantro, onions and garlic powder; cover and refrigerate. In another bowl, combine the corn, tomato, jalapeno, orange juice, oil, salt and remaining cilantro; cover and refrigerate. Just before serving, spread 1 teaspoon sour cream mixture over each tostada. Using a slotted spoon, top each with a teaspoonful of corn salsa. Yield: 3 dozen.
One serving (6 tostadas) equals 141 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 347 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Corn Salsa Tostadas
"As a note, the chip part didn't work out so well. i'm more than certain this is not the fault of the recipe, but me. I made the chips the night before with the other parts, and the general complaint was that they had turned out soggy, but the salsa itself was a hit, the crema (sour cream) went down ok, but not great, I didn't assemble and was glad I didn't after the chips were a failure. So can't quite earn four stars, but the fault lie mostly with me and not with the recipe"
"I love all of these ingredients and will most likely put this in my recipe box. However, the editor's note to wear disposable gloves is concerning. As a nurse, I see that latex allergies are becoming more and more common and can lead to dangerous allergic reactions. Please make sure you use non-latex gloves, if you need gloves at all. Otherwise, soaking your fingers in some cold milk will take the burn from your skin after you chop your jalapeno"
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.