I grow my own tomatoes, peppers, garlic and herbs to use in all of my cooking. Fresh ingredients make this salsa special. My recipe ideas come from combining foods I've enjoyed.—Dave Fisher, Ten Mile, Tennessee
Recommended: Top 10 Mexican Dinner Recipes
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapeno peppers
- 1 teaspoon juice from pickled jalapenos
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cider or red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Cover and chill for several hours. Yield: 4 cups.
Originally published as Corn Salsa in Taste of Home August/September 1997, p47
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Corn Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 29, 2011
"people who don't like vegetables will eat this and request it again."