This creamy and colorful salad is an ideal accompaniment to sandwiches, chicken or steak. The jalapeno and crushed chips add a touch of Southwestern appeal. Thanks to Jennifer Soapes of Harrison, Arizona for sharing the recipe!
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3/4 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup chili cheese corn chips, crushed
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Chill until
- serving. Just before serving, sprinkle with corn chips. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (prepared with reduced-fat cheese and reduced-fat mayonnaise) equals 287 calories, 20 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 462 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.