Corn Rice Medley Recipe
Adding colorful vegetables to rice is a simple way to dress it up. This is a versatile side dish for many entrees. -Cheryl Ivers, Orangeburg, South Carolina
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil; add rice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1- minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute the red pepper and green onion in oil until tender. Stir into rice. Add the corn. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until rice is tender. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 291 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 517 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Corn Rice Medley
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC