Adding colorful vegetables to rice is a simple way to dress it up. This is a versatile side dish for many entrees. -Cheryl Ivers, Orangeburg, South Carolina
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil; add rice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1- minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute the red pepper and green onion in oil until tender. Stir into rice. Add the corn. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until rice is tender. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Corn Rice Medley in Reminisce Extra February 2002, p52
Reviews for Corn Rice Medley
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review