Corn Relish Salad Recipe
"My family enjoys hiking in the mountains," says Claudia Poynter, Cortez, Colorado. "This salad is great with chicken or trout grilled over a campfire. It's perfect for backyard picnics."
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 3 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 jar (6-1/2 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, undrained
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat Italian salad dressing
- 5 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, combine the artichoke, salad dressing, basil, garlic powder, oregano and lemon-pepper. Add to corn mixture and toss gently. Cover and refrigerate for at a least 6 hours before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
One serving (3/4 cup) equals 68 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 193 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Reviews for Corn Relish Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC