Corn Relish in Pepper Cups Recipe
This colorful easy-to-fix side dish featuring flavorful veggies is a favorite at Lola Lance's house. "I've made it on many special occasions for more than 30 years now," she notes from Zirconia, North Carolina. "What I like best about the recipe is that I can prepare it ahead of time and keep it in the fridge until company comes."—Lola Lance, Zirconia, North Carolina
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) whole kernel corn, drained
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 4 medium sweet red peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the first five ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2 minutes. Cool.
- 2. Transfer to a bowl. Add corn, oil and chopped red pepper; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Drain; stir in bacon. Spoon into pepper halves. Yield: 8 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC