Corn Pudding Stuffed Tomatoes Recipe
- 8 medium tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Minced fresh parsley
- 1. Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato; scoop out and discard pulp. Sprinkle inside of tomatoes with half of the salt and pepper. Invert on paper towels to drain.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and remaining salt and pepper. Combine the eggs, cream, corn and butter; stir into dry ingredients. Spoon into tomatoes.
- 3. Place in a shallow baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 38-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center of corn pudding comes out clean. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 8 servings.
1 stuffed tomato equals 157 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 397 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.