- 8 medium tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Minced fresh parsley
- Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato; scoop out and discard pulp. Sprinkle inside of tomatoes with half of the salt and pepper. Invert on paper towels to drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and remaining salt and pepper. Combine the eggs, cream, corn and butter; stir into dry ingredients. Spoon into tomatoes.
- Place in a shallow baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 38-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center of corn pudding comes out clean. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Corn Pudding Stuffed Tomatoes in Country August/September 2003, p51
Reviews for Corn Pudding Stuffed Tomatoes(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review