- 8 medium tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Minced fresh parsley
- Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato; scoop out and discard pulp. Sprinkle inside of tomatoes with half of the salt and pepper. Invert on paper towels to drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and remaining salt and pepper. Combine the eggs, cream, corn and butter; stir into dry ingredients. Spoon into tomatoes.
- Place in a shallow baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 38-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center of corn pudding comes out clean. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Corn Pudding Stuffed Tomatoes
"Once the pudding was cooked, I felt like the tomato was too soft. However, the corn pudding itself was delicious. Looking at the photograph and the fact that I didn't get 8 tomatoes out of the recipe, I think my tomatoes were large and not medium in size. That's probably why it took 45 minutes to get the pudding cooked, which in turn overcooked the tomato. Go ahead and try this recipe making sure to use medium tomatoes."