Corn Potato Pancakes
"I love combining different foods to see what I can come up with," writes Carolyn Wilson from Lyndon, Kansas. She puts last night's mashed potatoes to delicious use in these slightly crisp golden brown cakes.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups mashed potatoes (with added milk and butter)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cream-style corn
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons canola oil,divided
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. In a large
- skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil; drop four 1/4 cupfuls of batter into
- skillet. Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Repeat with remaining oil and batter. Yield: about 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 2 pancakes equals 180 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 461 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.