"I love combining different foods to see what I can come up with," writes Carolyn Wilson from Lyndon, Kansas. She puts last night's mashed potatoes to delicious use in these slightly crisp golden brown cakes.
- 2 cups mashed potatoes (with added milk and butter)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cream-style corn
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons canola oil,divided
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil; drop four 1/4 cupfuls of batter into skillet. Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Repeat with remaining oil and batter. Yield: about 1 dozen.
Originally published as Corn Potato Pancakes in Quick Cooking September/October 2004, p49
Reviews for Corn Potato Pancakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 10, 2015
"awesome recipe! made this to go with cooked fresh vegetables! family loved them"