Corn Pasta Salad
"After tasting this chilled salad at a family reunion, I immediately asked for the recipe," writes Bernice Morris. The Marshfield, Missouri reader uses tricolor paste, crunchy corn, red onion and green pepper to give the zippy potluck pleaser plenty of color.
10 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 cups cooked tricolor spiral pasta
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced pimientos
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a jar with a
- tight-fitting lid, combine the picante sauce, oil, lemon juice,
- garlic, sugar and salt; shake well.
- Pour over pasta mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate
- overnight. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts:Nutritional Analysis: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 133 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 301 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber,