Corn Pasta Salad Recipe
- 2 cups cooked tricolor spiral pasta
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced pimientos
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the picante sauce, oil, lemon juice, garlic, sugar and salt; shake well.
- 2. Pour over pasta mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup: 133 calories, 3g fat (0.550g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 301mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Corn Pasta Salad
"Unfortunately since the pepper was raw, all we could taste was the pepper. It drowned out all the other flavors"