After tasting this chilled salad at a family reunion, I immediately asked for the recipe. It has tricolor pasta, crunchy corn, red onion and green pepper to give the zippy potluck pleaser plenty of color. —Bernice Morris, Marshfield, Missouri
- 2 cups cooked tricolor spiral pasta
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced pimientos
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the picante sauce, oil, lemon juice, garlic, sugar and salt; shake well.
- Pour over pasta mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Corn Pasta Salad in Quick Cooking January/February 2002, p42
Reviews for Corn Pasta Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review