After tasting this chilled salad at a family reunion, I immediately asked for the recipe. It has tricolor pasta, crunchy corn, red onion and green pepper to give the zippy potluck pleaser plenty of color. —Bernice Morris, Marshfield, Missouri
- 2 cups cooked tricolor spiral pasta
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced pimientos
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the picante sauce, oil, lemon juice, garlic, sugar and salt; shake well.
- Pour over pasta mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Corn Pasta Salad in Quick Cooking January/February 2002, p42
Reviews for Corn Pasta Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 31, 2016
"Unfortunately since the pepper was raw, all we could taste was the pepper. It drowned out all the other flavors"