Corn on the Cob with Lemon-Pepper Butter
“Roasting corn this way is as old as the Ozark hills in which I was raised. My grandpa always salted and peppered his butter on the edge of his plate before spreading it on his corn, and I did the same as a kid. Roast plenty - this corn is a favorite!” —Allene Bary-Cooper, Wichita Falls, Texas
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + soaking Grill: 25 min.
- 8 medium ears sweet corn
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- Carefully peel back corn husks to within 1 in. of bottoms; remove
- silk. Rewrap corn in husks and secure with kitchen string. Place in
- a large kettle; cover with cold water. Soak for 20 minutes; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine butter and lemon-pepper; set
- aside. Grill corn, covered, over medium heat for 25-30 minutes or
- until tender, turning often. Serve with butter mixture. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 1 ear of corn with 2 tablespoons butter mixture equals 280 calories, 24 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 520 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.