Corn on the Cob with Lemon-Pepper Butter Recipe
“Roasting corn this way is as old as the Ozark hills in which I was raised. My grandpa always salted and peppered his butter on the edge of his plate before spreading it on his corn, and I did the same as a kid. Roast plenty - this corn is a favorite!” —Allene Bary-Cooper, Wichita Falls, Texas
- 8 medium ears sweet corn
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- Carefully peel back corn husks to within 1 in. of bottoms; remove silk. Rewrap corn in husks; secure with kitchen string. Place in a stockpot; cover with cold water. Soak 20 minutes; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix butter and lemon-pepper. Grill corn, covered, over medium heat 25-30 minutes or until tender, turning often.
- Cut string and peel back husks. Serve corn with butter mixture. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Corn on the Cob with Lemon-Pepper Butter in Simple & Delicious July/August 2008, p58
Reviews for Corn on the Cob with Lemon-Pepper Butter(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 25, 2010
This was very tasty. I cut my corn off the cob and put directly in the season melted butter. Served it like that. We all liked it.
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Corn on the Cob >
- Corn Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Father's Day Side Dishes >
- Grilled Corn >
- Grilled Vegetables >
- Grilling Recipes >
- July 4th Recipes >
- July 4th Side Dishes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Labor Day Side Dish Recipes >
- Memorial Day Recipes >
- Memorial Day Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >