Corn Okra Creole Recipe
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn or 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole-kernel corn
- 1-1/2 cups fresh sliced okra or 1 package (16 ounces) frozen okra
- 3 medium tomatoes, peeled and chopped (1-1/2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, saute green pepper and onion in oil until tender. Add corn and okra; cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, thyme, salt, pepper and pepper sauce if desired. Cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Yield: 4-6 servings.
3/4 cup: 147 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 19mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Corn Okra Creole
"We found this to be very bland. Not sure how to give the dish more flavor, but I'm in no way inclined to make it again to find out."
"I've never liked okra before, but this dish turned out really good! Leftovers reheat well."