This is a great summer dish because all of the cooking is done in the microwave oven, you won't heat up your kitchen. Cooked chicken, pork or extra-lean beef can easily be added to suit your family's tastes.—Carol Birkemeier, Nashville, Indiana
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (16 ounces) vegetarian refried beans
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first eight ingredients; add black beans and corn. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place beans and corn in a large microwave-safe dish. Add the refried beans, cucumber, salsa, onions and cilantro. Cover and microwave on high for 5-6 minutes or until heated through.
- Spoon about 3/4 cup down the center of each tortilla. Fold ends and sides over filling and roll up. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Corn N Bean Burritos in Light & Tasty August/September 2001, p10
Reviews for Corn N Bean Burritos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review