Corn Muffin Ham & Cheese
You can put leftover cornbread muffins to good use and put a new twist on a ham and cheese sandwich in the process. Dill in the mayonnaise adds a lively spark.—Jennifer Warner, Huntertown, Indiana
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 corn muffins
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits
- 1/8 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 12 slices deli ham
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- Cut each muffin in half horizontally. In a small bowl, combine the
- mayonnaise, bacon bits, dill and parsley. Spread over muffin
- bottoms. Layer with ham, cheese and cucumber. Replace muffin tops.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich equals 413 calories, 23 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 99 mg cholesterol, 1,048 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 20 g protein.