Whenever I need a dish to pass that's guaranteed to please, I put together this easy corn salad. Whether you serve it from a crystal dish, a ceramic crock or a plastic bowl, it will stand out as a mealtime highlight.
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) whole baby corn, rinsed and drained, halved
- 1 can (11 ounces) yellow and white whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (7 ounces) white or shoepeg corn, drained
- 1 large sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 4 to 5 celery ribs, sliced
- Leaf lettuce, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, vinegar and oil. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Cool completely.
- In a bowl, combine the corn, red pepper, onion and celery. Add dressing and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Stir well. Serve with a slotted spoon in a lettuce-lined bowl if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Corn Medley Salad in Country Woman July/August 2003, p29
Reviews for Corn Medley Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review