- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) whole baby corn, rinsed and drained, halved
- 1 can (11 ounces) yellow and white whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (7 ounces) white or shoepeg corn, drained
- 1 large sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 4 to 5 celery ribs, sliced
- Leaf lettuce, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, vinegar and oil. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Cool completely.
- In a bowl, combine the corn, red pepper, onion and celery. Add dressing and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Stir well. Serve with a slotted spoon in a lettuce-lined bowl if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Corn Medley Salad
Sort By :
In response to Claireburmo, around here, baby corn is considered a "weird" food in salad--especially for kids. They think it's weird to be eating the cob or something. Can't blame them really when you're used to eating sweet corn--and leaving the cob as trash!
My husband loved this dish...I will definitely make it again.
Delicious! I made it for a large family gathering. I took home an empty bowl. I probably will increase the cider vinegar to a 1 cup the next time to give it a little more tangy taste,
I made this for our church picnic and it got rave reviews and requests for the recipe. I've made it a couple times since, and it disappears.