- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) whole baby corn, rinsed and drained, halved
- 1 can (11 ounces) yellow and white whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (7 ounces) white or shoepeg corn, drained
- 1 large sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 4 to 5 celery ribs, sliced
- Leaf lettuce, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, vinegar and oil. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Cool completely.
- In a bowl, combine the corn, red pepper, onion and celery. Add dressing and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Stir well. Serve with a slotted spoon in a lettuce-lined bowl if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Corn Medley Salad
Sort By :
Excellent recipe! To make the salad a little more hearty I replace the baby corn with a can of black beans. The great thing about this recipe is it is easily adaptable to any taste. The addition of chili powder makes it great for along side mexican entrees.
In response to Claireburmo, around here, baby corn is considered a "weird" food in salad--especially for kids. They think it's weird to be eating the cob or something. Can't blame them really when you're used to eating sweet corn--and leaving the cob as trash!
My husband loved this dish...I will definitely make it again.
Delicious! I made it for a large family gathering. I took home an empty bowl. I probably will increase the cider vinegar to a 1 cup the next time to give it a little more tangy taste,