Corn in the Cobbler Recipe
Canned goods and corn bread mix combine in this golden brunch bake from Judith Taylor of North Attleboro, Massachusetts. "When I served it to my parents, they loved it," she reports. "It makes a lot, so I often freeze half."
- 1 can (15 ounces) corned beef hash
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon dried minced onion, divided
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, beaten
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- In a large bowl, combine hash, tomato sauce, green pepper, 2 tablespoons onion, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper; set aside. In another bowl, combine the corn bread mix, flour, milk and eggs just until moistened. Add 1 cup cheese and remaining onion.
- Spread batter into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Spread hash mixture evenly over top. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 35 minutes or until corn bread layer is golden brown and pulls away from the sides of the pan. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Corn in the Cobbler in Quick Cooking March/April 2001, p15
Reviews for Corn in the Cobbler(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review