Corn Ice Cream Recipe
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 4 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large heavy saucepan, heat the milk, sugar and syrup until bubbles form around sides of pan. Whisk a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks. Return all to the pan, whisking constantly.
- 2. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture reaches 160°. Quickly transfer to a bowl; place in ice water and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in corn and vanilla. Press waxed paper onto surface of custard. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- 3. Strain custard, discarding corn. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions. When ice cream is frozen, transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: 4 cups.
1/2 cup: 221 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 107mg cholesterol, 185mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Corn Ice Cream
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.