- 2 cups 2% milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 4 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large heavy saucepan, heat the milk, sugar and syrup until bubbles form around sides of pan. Whisk a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks. Return all to the pan, whisking constantly.
- Cook and stir over low heat until mixture reaches 160°. Quickly transfer to a bowl; place in ice water and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in corn and vanilla. Press waxed paper onto surface of custard. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Strain custard, discarding corn. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions. When ice cream is frozen, transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: 4 cups.
Originally published as Corn Ice Cream in Country Woman August/September 2011, p34
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Corn Ice Cream
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review