- minutes or until heated through. Add onion mixture. Cook and stir
- for 3 minutes; set aside and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, combine the baking mix, corn, eggs, milk, sour cream
- and salt just until combined.
- In a deep-fat fryer or electric skillet, heat oil to 375°. Drop
- batter by heaping tablespoonfuls, a few at a time, into hot oil; fry
- for 1-1/2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper
- towels. Serve warm with jam. Yield: 2 dozen (3/4 cup jam).
Nutritional Facts: 1 fritter with 1-1/2 teaspoons jam equals 130 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 234 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.