Corn Fritter Waffles with Spicy Maple Syrup Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups fresh whole kernel corn or frozen corn
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Cooked whole kernel corn, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg, milk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in corn.
- Bake in a preheated round Belgian waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown. Meanwhile, combine syrup and cayenne. Serve with waffles and cooked corn if desired. Yield: 6 round waffles (1 cup syrup).
Originally published as Corn Fritter Waffles with Spicy Maple Syrup in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2013, p185
Reviews for Corn Fritter Waffles with Spicy Maple Syrup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review