Corn Fritter Patties
Priced at a mere 21¢ per patty, these five-ingredient fritters are a thrifty way to enjoy a Southern staple without having to leave home. Megan Hamilton, Pineville, Missouri sent this recipe.
7 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup pancake mix
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 can (7 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cups canola oil
- In a small bowl, combine the pancake mix, egg and milk just until
- moistened. Stir in the corn.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat 1/4 in. of oil to
- 375°. Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls into oil; press lightly to
- flatten. Cook for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Yield: 7 patties.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 645 calories, 64 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 302 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.