Prepare corn dogs at home just like those at the fair. Says field editor Ruby Williams of Bogalusa, Louisiana, who shares this fun recipe, "Both kids and grown-ups will like this hearty snack."
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached Self-Rising Flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup milk
- 10 Popsicle sticks
- 10 hot dogs
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a large bowl, combine cornmeal, flour and egg. Stir in milk to
- make a thick batter; let stand 4 minutes. Insert sticks into hot
- dogs; dip in batter.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to (375°). Fry
- corn dogs, a few at a time, about 8-6 minutes or until golden brown,
- turning occasionally. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 10 servings.