"Our three boys were always asking for corn dogs, so I came up with this fast way to deliver the same flavor," explains Lynita Arteberry of Plankinton, South Dakota. These sweet corn bread muffins, chock-full of hot dog chunks and corn kernels, taste just like the real thing.
- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) corn bread/muffin mix
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 5 hot dogs, chopped
- In a large bowl, combine corn bread mix and brown sugar. Combine eggs and milk; stir into dry ingredients until moistened. Stir in corn and hot dogs (batter will be thin).
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 14-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Corn Dog Muffins in Quick Cooking December 2000, p40
Reviews for Corn Dog Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review