- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) corn bread/muffin mix
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 5 hot dogs, chopped
- In a large bowl, combine corn bread mix and brown sugar. Combine eggs and milk; stir into dry ingredients until moistened. Stir in corn and hot dogs (batter will be thin).
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 14-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Corn Dog Muffins
"Great recipe. Made this for breakfast instead of toast or other breads. Cut the recipe in half & used 3 turkey hotdogs cut in rounds otherwise followed the recipe exactly. It was a hit served with egg casserole & sure will be a great addition to chili or any meal as it is different. Made it again this morning as we loved it. Lynita, thank you so much for sharing this recipe with us all."
"I did what a couple others did, used creamed corn and baked it in a 13x9 pan."
"I used a can of creamed corn instead of the whole kernel corn. Took someone else's suggestion and baked in a 13x9 at 400. Took about 30 minutes. Thought it was just a little bit too sweet, but other than that it was a hit. (Of course the kids did not think it was too sweet!)"
"My sons loved these...."
"This recipe was easy and delicious! We made them to try in preparation for the kids to come home, but ate them all before they could try even try one! Will try them again with tofu dogs for our vegetarian family members."
"Took about two seconds to prepare and tasted so good. Kind of sweet, but I like that. I didn't leave mine in the oven long enough though, but I couldn't wait to try them! Next time I'll try the whole 18 minutes. Love this recipe."
"This is such a great recipe. So easy and simple for little helpers to chop up the hot dogs with a plastic knife, too! I think they taste best if you bake, then let cool, bag and refrigerate overnight, then reheat. The flavors meld nicely and give an excellent flavor!"
"Instead of muffins, I made this in a greased casserole dish. Bake at 400 degrees for 25min. Cut in squares, and serve! delicious!"
"husband remark was this was great to snack on without getting so totally stuffed. thanks"
"I just made these muffins for my son for dinner with some tomato soup. He is a very picky eater and said they are 100% good!! Thanks for a great recipe.!"