- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) corn bread/muffin mix
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 5 hot dogs, chopped
- In a large bowl, combine corn bread mix and brown sugar. Combine eggs and milk; stir into dry ingredients until moistened. Stir in corn and hot dogs (batter will be thin).
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 14-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Corn Dog Muffins
"Great recipe. Made this for breakfast instead of toast or other breads. Cut the recipe in half & used 3 turkey hotdogs cut in rounds otherwise followed the recipe exactly. It was a hit served with egg casserole & sure will be a great addition to chili or any meal as it is different. Made it again this morning as we loved it. Lynita, thank you so much for sharing this recipe with us all."
"I did what a couple others did, used creamed corn and baked it in a 13x9 pan."
"I used a can of creamed corn instead of the whole kernel corn. Took someone else's suggestion and baked in a 13x9 at 400. Took about 30 minutes. Thought it was just a little bit too sweet, but other than that it was a hit. (Of course the kids did not think it was too sweet!)"
"My sons loved these...."
"This recipe was easy and delicious! We made them to try in preparation for the kids to come home, but ate them all before they could try even try one! Will try them again with tofu dogs for our vegetarian family members."