Corn Dog Muffins
"Our three boys were always asking for corn dogs, so I came up with this fast way to deliver the same flavor," explains Lynita Arteberry of Plankinton, South Dakota. These sweet corn bread muffins, chock-full of hot dog chunks and corn kernels, taste just like the real thing.
18 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) corn bread/muffin mix
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 5 hot dogs, chopped
- In a large bowl, combine corn bread mix and brown sugar. Combine eggs
- and milk; stir into dry ingredients until moistened. Stir in corn
- and hot dogs (batter will be thin).
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at
- 400° for 14-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin.
- Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 130 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 300 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.