Corn Dog Casserole Recipe
- 2 cups thinly sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups sliced green onions
- 1-1/2 pounds hot dogs
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) corn bread/muffin mix
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- In a small skillet, saute celery in butter for 5 minutes. Add onions; saute for 5 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Place in a large bowl; set aside.
- Cut hot dogs lengthwise into quarters, then cut into thirds. In the same skillet, saute hot dogs for 5 minutes or until lightly browned; add to vegetables. Set aside 1 cup.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, sage and pepper. Add the remaining hot dog mixture. Stir in corn bread mixes. Add 1-1/2 cups of cheese. Spread into a shallow 3-qt. baking dish. Top with reserved hot dog mixture and remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Corn Dog Casserole(43)
Sort By :
I loved it! The kids hated it, and they love corn dogs...darn it.
This wasn't too bad. I liked it because I like corn dogs, but others weren't that thrilled with it.
We really liked it -- I added in a can of chopped green chilies as suggested by one of the other reviewers. Next time I'll add in corn too... Yummm
This recipe is awesome! I love corn dogs and this tastes just like the corn dogs I enjoy at the county fair every summer. I was able to cut some calories some with light hot dogs and it still tasted delicious. Stop thinking about it and just go make this dish!
I've made this recipe several times. I omit the celery and use polish sausage in place of hot dogs. I also add 1-2 of fire roasted diced tomatoes to add flavor and moisture. My husband requests this meal all the time!