Corn Dog Casserole Recipe
- 2 cups thinly sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups sliced green onions
- 1-1/2 pounds hot dogs
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) corn bread/muffin mix
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- In a small skillet, saute celery in butter for 5 minutes. Add onions; saute for 5 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Place in a large bowl; set aside.
- Cut hot dogs lengthwise into quarters, then cut into thirds. In the same skillet, saute hot dogs for 5 minutes or until lightly browned; add to vegetables. Set aside 1 cup.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, sage and pepper. Add the remaining hot dog mixture. Stir in corn bread mixes. Add 1-1/2 cups of cheese. Spread into a shallow 3-qt. baking dish. Top with reserved hot dog mixture and remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Corn Dog Casserole(44)
Sort By :
This was delicious and very filling. I did use my own home made corn bread mix but the cook time was off. It took me 50 minutes to bake but I'm thinking it could be b.c I did use the packs of cornbread mix.
I loved it! The kids hated it, and they love corn dogs...darn it.
This wasn't too bad. I liked it because I like corn dogs, but others weren't that thrilled with it.
We really liked it -- I added in a can of chopped green chilies as suggested by one of the other reviewers. Next time I'll add in corn too... Yummm
This recipe is awesome! I love corn dogs and this tastes just like the corn dogs I enjoy at the county fair every summer. I was able to cut some calories some with light hot dogs and it still tasted delicious. Stop thinking about it and just go make this dish!