While thinking of a shortcut for what we Pennsylvania Dutch call "Corn Pie", I thought of using biscuit mix instead of pied dough. I tried my version on some friends who were visiting, and they scraped the dish clean!
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups fresh corn
- 2-3/4 cups milk, divided
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 3 cups biscuit/baking mix
- In a large saucepan, place the potatoes, onion, salt, pepper and
- water. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Add the
- corn; return to a boil and cook for 2 minutes. Drain. Add 1-3/4 cups
- milk, green onions and parsley.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with eggs.
- Combine the baking mix and remaining milk just until smooth; drop by
- teaspoonfuls onto corn mixture. Bake at 450° for 13-15 minutes
- or until a toothpick comes out clean. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 398 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 170 mg cholesterol, 1,112 mg sodium,