Corn Cobbler Recipe
While thinking of a shortcut for what we Pennsylvania Dutch call "Corn Pie", I thought of using biscuit mix instead of pied dough. I tried my version on some friends who were visiting, and they scraped the dish clean!
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:6-8 servings
- 2 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups fresh corn
- 2-3/4 cups milk, divided
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 3 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1. In a large saucepan, place the potatoes, onion, salt, pepper and water. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Add the corn; return to a boil and cook for 2 minutes. Drain. Add 1-3/4 cups milk, green onions and parsley.
- 2. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with eggs. Combine the baking mix and remaining milk just until smooth; drop by teaspoonfuls onto corn mixture. Bake at 450° for 13-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 398 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 170 mg cholesterol, 1,112 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 14 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC