Corn Chip Chili Cheese Dip Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes in sauce, undrained
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 package (16 ounces) reduced-fat process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- Corn chips or tortilla chips
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink and onion is tender, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Transfer to a 4-qt. slow cooker.
- Stir in beans, tomatoes, corn, water, olives, chili powder, oregano, pepper sauce, garlic powder and cumin. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until heated through.
- Stir in cheese. Cook, covered, on low 30 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve with corn chips. Yield: 8 cups.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Corn Chip Chili Cheese Dip
Sort By :
"This recipe is a keeper. As a volunteer field editor, who hosts lots of parties, I know I will be making this recipe again.. and again."
"Excellent dip. I made a batch for our family reunion so folks would have something to munch on while we waited to serve the big meal. Some ate so much of this dip they weren't hungry! I used our own home-grown frozen corn and opened up a can of chipotle peppers and put in one of the peppers and a little of the sauce instead of just the hot pepper sauce and I added extra cheese. VERY good! I served it with tortilla chips instead of corn chips, too."
"How addicting this is !!!! This was a huge hit !!!"
"I left out the corn and olives, it was still very tasty! Would make this again!"
"So yummy. My whole family loves it."