After trying to create a Mexican soup, I ended up with this outstanding dip that eats like a meal. My husband and two young children love it! Now it's popular for football game days or family gatherings. —Sandra Fick, Lincoln, Nebraska
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes in sauce, undrained
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 package (16 ounces) reduced-fat process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- Corn chips or tortilla chips
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink and onion is tender, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Transfer to a 4-qt. slow cooker.
- Stir in beans, tomatoes, corn, water, olives, chili powder, oregano, pepper sauce, garlic powder and cumin. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until heated through.
- Stir in cheese. Cook, covered, on low 30 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve with corn chips. Yield: 8 cups.
Originally published as Chili Cheese Dip in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2009, p100
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Corn Chip Chili Cheese Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review