Corn Chip Beef Bake Recipe
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 to 1 cup corn chips, crushed
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook beef, onion, celery and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer; drain. Stir in rice, tomato, lemon juice, salt and hot pepper sauce; heat through. Stir in mayonnaise.
- 2. Spoon into two 15-oz. baking dishes coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with crushed corn chips. Bake, uncovered, 13-15 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/3 cups (prepared with fat-free mayonnaise and 1/2 cup corn chips) equals 416 calories, 15 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 695 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 27 g protein.