From Holyoke, Massachusetts, Barbara Bernard writes, "After my children left home, I found it difficult to whittle down meals for two, but I eventually succeeded, and this became one of our favorites. You can easily freeze the extra portion if your cooking for one."
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 to 1 cup corn chips, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook beef, onion, celery and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer; drain. Stir in rice, tomato, lemon juice, salt and hot pepper sauce; heat through. Stir in mayonnaise.
- Spoon into two 15-oz. baking dishes coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with crushed corn chips. Bake, uncovered, 13-15 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Corn Chip Beef Bake in Cooking for 2 Summer 2005, p 45
Reviews for Corn Chip Beef Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review