Corn Casserole Recipe
For almost 30 years, I've been preparing this zippy side dish for all sorts of gatherings. In fact, whenever I'm invited to an event that involves food, it's "understood" that I'll bring this casserole. Plus, it's a great way to use up hard-cooked eggs. -Patricia Friend, Milledgeville, Georgia
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 to 3 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion and peppers in butter until tender. Stir in flour. Remove from the heat; add remaining ingredients except for 1/2 cup cheese.
- 2. Pour into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes. Top with remaining cheese; let stand 5 minutes. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 263 calories, 16 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 116 mg cholesterol, 711 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC