Jalapenos give this creamy corn dish a subtle, spicy flavor. It makes an appearance on my table at Thanksgiving and Christmas, which makes my husband happy!—Anita Anderson, Mesquite, Texas
- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 to 2 jalapeno peppers, sliced and seeded
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened and cubed
- Place half of corn in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Top with jalapeno slices and remaining corn. In a small saucepan, melt butter. Whisk in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in cream cheese just until melted. Pour over corn. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Corn Casserole in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p116
Reviews for Corn Casserole with Jalapenos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review