I've tried many recipes for corn bread. But my family and friends agree my version is one of the best they've tasted. It turns our moist and delicious every time.
9 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, beaten
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Combine the first five ingredients. Add milk, egg and butter; stir
- until dry ingredients are moistened. Pour batter into a greased
- 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until
- golden brown and a toothpick inserted near center of bread comes out
- clean. Serve warm. Yield: 9 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 198 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 227 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.