Corn Bread with Broccoli and Cheese Recipe
Holly Cummings of Baytown, Texas writes, “I first made this recipe and took it to a church fellowship. One couple liked it so much they now call it “Holly Bread!”
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) corn bread/muffin mix
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen broccoli cuts, thawed and drained
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 2 tablespoons canned jalapeno slices, chopped
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender; set aside. In a large bowl, combine corn bread mix and shredded cheese. In another bowl, beat the eggs, cottage cheese and onion mixture. Stir into corn bread mixture just until moistened. Fold in the broccoli, corn and jalapeno.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until lightly browned and edges pull away from sides of pan. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 290 calories, 20 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 135 mg cholesterol, 497 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Reviews for Corn Bread with Broccoli and Cheese
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC