- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) corn bread/muffin mix
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen broccoli cuts, thawed and drained
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 2 tablespoons canned jalapeno slices, chopped
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender; set aside. In a large bowl, combine corn bread mix and shredded cheese. In another bowl, beat the eggs, cottage cheese and onion mixture. Stir into corn bread mixture just until moistened. Fold in the broccoli, corn and jalapeno.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until lightly browned and edges pull away from sides of pan. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Corn Bread with Broccoli and Cheese
Sort By :
Oh so good!! I too, could eat a whole pan. These are addicting.....good cold, too!!!
I love this cornbread. I could eat the whole pan all by myself (=.
OOPS! I didn't see your name was "HOLLY"...sorry... :-0!
I have made this several times from a Food Network Show recipe. It is really delicious and brings lots of compliments, both verbal and adding to the meal.